Under 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It appears with the new tobacco rules starting today, Tesco has launched a new initiative on age restricted products.

To purchase alcohol and cigarettes, and other 18 restricted items, if you look UNDER THIRTY years of age, you will be asked for ID in a Tesco store.

Personally I think this is a wise move by Tesco, since they have the clout and critical mass to implement this across the country. It was bound to happen sooner of later, and many states in America have similar rules. Tesco have been brave, and it will pay off for everyone in the long run.

Any opinions of this decision?

Sponsored Links
Seems a good idea to me

Anyone who is genuinly old enough shouldn't have any quarms about proving it. I'm happy to do so if it makes it more difficult for kids to get their hands on cigarettes / alcohol.

Seems a good idea to me

Anyone who is genuinly old enough shouldn't have any quarms about proving it. I'm happy to do so if it makes it more difficult for kids to get their hands on cigarettes / alcohol.
unless it means that they have to purchase a proof of age, maybe they dont drive and have a license? I can see it peeing a lot of people off

Sponsored Links
I have ID thanks. :D

FA-185T.gif

I should have known this would degenerate into ageism towards me. :evil: I have a full UK drivers licence, and have held it for nearly 4 years.

Sponsored Links
Back