Under Floor insulation and Kingspan.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I wonder if any one can help me with a little issue I have at the moment.

I live in a 3 bed semi, which on the ground floor has a suspended timber floor, all standard with the floor.

At the front of the house in the porch, its FREEZING, so was thinking of:
1, taking up the carpet and underlay,
2, Taking up the floor boards to expose the joists.
3, Using roof batterns or some sort of stapled netting on underside of joists
4, Dropping in Kingspan insulation between the joists.

Now in the porch I have electric cables and 15mm heating copper pipe work around.

Would the kingspan need to have a deg of clearance from the copper pipe work and electrical cables?

Would I have any damp issues, as I have non now etc.

Any advise or views would be greatly helpful.

Cheers
Harry.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't bury electric cabling in insulation, no problem with copper pipe that I'm aware of.

Search the forums for "suspended floor insulation", and you'll find more information than you really want, on this topic.

Cheers
Richard

Just wondering how much benefit you are expecting from this work? Have you considered all other options regarding keeping your porch warm before resorting to this? Just thinking about draughty door, windows, roof insulation, wall insulation, level of heating etc etc.

Sponsored Links
What sort of porch is it, and how big? Is it separated from the house?

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back