Under floor insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to insulate the floor in my sitting room, it is a concrete floor over a cellar, there is reasonable airflow in the cellar which means in the winter the floor gets pretty cold. As it's concrete I do not fancy loads of drilling etc to batten and was wondering if I could glue the polystyrene type insulation to on the ceiling of the cellar and then staple of the thin foil backed rolled insulation (shiny side showing in the cellar).

I do not expect any issues with condensation because of the air flow and hope that it will make the room a bit warmer.

Does this sound reasonable or have I missed something somewhere.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I would imagine this is possible but you would need loads of adhesive and bear in mind even on walls some kind of mechanical fixing is recommended to large sheets of insulation board. Batterning may work out cheaper and easier . Have you considered a better grade of multi foil ie triso super 10 or sf19 etc.

There ate electricity/TV cables running in the plastic boxing on the ceiling and I thought a two method approach would work best, have the poly stuff glued on but not covering the cabling, if I need to access it I can then peel back the thin sheet stuff.

Will have a look at all the options on Saturday when I go shopping.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back