Under stairs cupboard query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have started to build a cupboard under the stairs which will essentially be a wooden frame with two large doors. I do not want handles on the doors and would like a push to open/push to close arrangement. Initially I was looking at the magnetic catches but i am not sure they will be up to the job with MDF doors. I have seen 'reverse sprung hinges', do these essentially do the same thing? Are they used in tandem with a push to open magnetic catch? Any advice on the appropriate combination would be gratefully received. Also, would the MDF need treating to stop it warping for internal use or battens fastening to the back, or maybe double skin doors?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Be aware that push catches by their very nature have to be pushed to open. That means hanging a door in traditional style,with door flush to door frame and door stop behind the door will not work, but can be done by setting the door stop back a bit. They are better suited to kitchen door format. Push pull catches can be either magnetic or mechanically kept shut. The rule with MDF doors is what ever you do to one side do the same to the other to stop warping.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back