Under unit lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
All, please please stop, OP has probably got the point now.

Capture.JPG

Sponsored Links
All, please please stop, OP has probably got the point now.
And hopefully the mods have got the point that until they shut Bernard and Winston down, a point is the one thing an article about power supplies would lack.

Sponsored Links
Can you assure us that nowhere on the box, or in printed information inside it, or on the device enclosure itself, was there information about its nature?

Last edited:
Hi all

Just a final note from me (The OP).

I feel my knowledge has been expanded, although the situation regarding power supplies (hope that's suitable?!?) Is a little confusing.

At the very least I now have an outline plan.

Thank you to all who have helped, and I apologise for opening up a can of worms!

Now we are back on topic please consider why you need dimmable lighting in a kitchen of all places. It is a work room with sharp implements and you need the maximum light possible. This is especially true with task lighting above a worktop from under the cupboards. Your other half won't thank you for cutting her fingertips rather than the onions because the lights were dimmed.

Now we are back on topic please consider why you need dimmable lighting in a kitchen of all places. It is a work room with sharp implements and you need the maximum light possible.
Please consider that some people have kitchen-diners, or open plan spaces, where they might want something other than a choice between darkness and full brightness.

Please consider that some people might be capable of correctly choosing the lighting level they need at any particular time.

Your other half won't thank you for cutting her fingertips rather than the onions because the lights were dimmed.
Please explain why you think you are justified in assuming that the OP's other half is not capable of adjusting the lights as required?

Note - that is not a rhetorical question - I really want you to explain your reasoning.

Now we are back on topic please consider why you need dimmable lighting in a kitchen of all places. It is a work room with sharp implements and you need the maximum light possible.
Have you come across 'kitchen-diners' (or even, as one of my daughter's has, a kitchen-diner-living room)??

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back