undercabinet lighting Hardwired

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys behind a corner wall cabinet in my kitchen ive got a 1mm cable coming up directly from the fusebox and is covered with just a blanking plate. How do i wire my under cabinet lights to this? Can i put a switch on there and can i use lights with a transformer? Cheers guys. :D

Sponsored Links
Providing the cable is in good condition and coming directly from the CU via a RCBO or a MCB that is protected by an RCD. You can either install a switch or a switched fuse connection to the cable. This can then either be connected to lights of low voltage (mains 230v) or to a transformer at extra low voltage.
As it is in the kitchen, certain legal requirements need to be made in regards of notification of work!
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:part_p

Strictly speaking, additional protection by means of an RCD may not be required depending on the reference method for the cable.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back