Undercabinet mains-dimmable LED driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend any under cabinet LED lights with a dimmable mains driver?
Thank you

PS. Yes, I did google it, but all I could find was lamps with custom low voltage dimmers. I want the mains dimmable driver, and under cabinet LEDs to match.

Sponsored Links
PS. Yes, I did google it, but all I could find was lamps with custom low voltage dimmers. I want the mains dimmable driver, and under cabinet LEDs to match.
As an aside, mains is Low Voltage: //www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:voltage-bands

But back to the plot - why do they have to be 230V? What's wrong with ELV ones as long as they can be dimmed? There's got to be a driver somewhere in the chain, as (AFAIK) you can't get 230V LEDs, so where's the problem with that being an external unit rather than integrated with the lamps or fittings?

Well, it is a bit stupid and embarrassing, which is why I was trying to avoid the explanation, but it has been poorly planned. I already have the cables running through the wall and through an expensive (4 gang) dimmer on the wall. I am at the point where I spent so much time, effort and money on the current setup that even though it would make sense to change it, I would rather not. In my defence, it wasn't my design, it was an electrician that has put it all together. That is all apart form the expensive remote controller dimmer :)
I can see one solution which is to use dimmable halogen lamps (230V) but I would prefer a more economical and ecological solution such as LED, if I can fit it in.
On the side, I don't care much for the dimming option for the undercabinet lights, but then again the 4 gang dimmer is already there and it doesn't have an option to disable dimming on a switch.

Sponsored Links
Sorry - missed your reply.

1) A switch is easy to change, and if you get a modular one you can have a mix of plain switch and dimmer modules.

2) You have, I assume, cables to connect to lights of some sort. I still don't see what the issue is with those cables going to an LED driver.

No you won't.

But when you get so fed up with that one that you change it......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back