Undercloak and dry verge/ridge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. Apologies I've been making a few threads recently but I'm new to roofing this is my first attempt so have some questions.

I have half felted my garage roof, now onto the otherside, I've been told my fascia comes out too far and has taken away the drip edge from my roof, What I believe is the cement board under the tiles on the verge is flush with the pvc fascia I have. My plan was to add new cement board and pull it out an inch or so, my tiles do not reach but I thought I could just cement at a very slight angle if that was possible?

or

What's everyones opinion on dry ridge and a dry verge kit? I understand the battens need to come out to meet the plastics, would this eliminate the need for a drip edge as the dry verge kit would actually be the drip edge as well?

Are these good for longevity? I had a nightmare taking off the cement for this job. My tiles are scott derrie, i think in england known as double marley? (I'm in NI)

Thanks, can provide pictures if need be

Sponsored Links
bump, could anyone recommend a product to use for undercloak? I accidentally cracked one of the old cement board pieces on my room and need to replace it, would like to replace it all to extend it out slightly anwyays.

Thank you

Would a continuous dry verge work?
You can get cement board from a roofing shop, can you pull the tiles over any more?

Would a continuous dry verge work?
You can get cement board from a roofing shop, can you pull the tiles over any more?

Thanks for the reply.

The tiles and cement are flush pretty much both sides. I'll try to pull over where I can but don't believe it'll do much.

I don't have any roofing shops near me, I can try a builders merchant or can anyone recommend the exact product I should buy and I can order online which would be better.

How important is a drip edge? Is it a huge issue if they are flush with the fascia? I can provide pictures if need be. I'm not sure how I feel about cementing at a slight angle I've never seen it done.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Undercloak Cement strip 150mm wide 1200mm long
Try roofing superstore

I've searched it I don't see much other than someone asking about a roof repair that's not similar to mine?
Looks like there is an SIG in Omagh and Belfast if you can get there? Or any roofing shop should stock cement board...

I've done a job in Donegal , An SIG branch was not to far away .but in the north .
under cloak should be easy to get anywhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back