Undercounter socket wrong location, move

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

decided to swap over the layout on a couple of units, long story.

sparky has put a socket where I now want to put integrated washer.
With the plug in the socket, it sticks out too far for the other units.

Can this be moved down to plinth level, as there is room at the back of the washer.

above the socket is isolator switch, which runs to socket, is it allowed to join new 300mm of cable with wago to existing cable Where the current socket is and cover with blanking plate?

Tia.

Sponsored Links
You could replace the socket with something having a cable outlet at its bottom edge. An FCU comes to mind though you don't need all its functionality. Run a cable out to another socket located under the next unit, where the plug/socket combination can be accessed. I used a floating rubber socket, though of course others will frown on this.

Run a cable out to another socket located under the next unit, where the plug/socket combination can be accessed. I used a floating rubber socket, though of course others will frown on this.
I used a floating DSSO on 47mm backbox with cable clamp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back