socket blanking plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at getting new kitchen and have been told existing twin socket is too near where ceramic hob will be. 110mm away but should be 300mm?
would fitting a blanking plate over socket be a suitable solution. I realise i will have to join wires behind plate (wagos?)

Sponsored Links
You could do, ensure you earth the backbox though (this would likely have relied on the connection from the socket before).

There is no minimum distance from the edge of the hob, if its not in danger of the flex being dragged across the hob and melting then its ok, obviously directly behind hob would be stupid, but 110mm sounds like it might not be an issue, in many kitchens you'd strugggle to get a socket on one side if you insisted 300mm from hob. 300mm might be a sensible design criteria if carrying out a new install in a kitchen with plenty of space

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back