Underfloor dampcourse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been chasing out a channel in concrete floor in a house built in the 60s. some of the concrete broke away in the bottom of the channel about 4 inches down, revealing a very very thin layer (under 1 mm thick) of what looks like tar/bitumen. Is it a 60s dampcourse? The concrete under this layer is undamaged. I'll be filling in later with cement so take it i just need to patch the holes up with some tar like substance before cementing it over?

Sponsored Links
Should i fill from the damp proof layer to the bottom of the channel (about 1 inch) with concrete before a friend does the plumbing, or am i ok just leaving it, then fill the whole all in with cement after?

Sponsored Links
leave it so ther`s room for the pipes with some foam lagging on them :idea: then fill over with sand/cement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back