Underfloor Heating Fault Post Winter Switch-Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to fire up our underfloor heating today which hasn't been used for 4 months or so. Previously we've had a wireless thermostat that did all of its control - and it is through this that we switched it off for the summer.The thermostat still seems to be working; and the "wireless" icon is happily blinking away when commands are being set.

In the cupboard where our pipe work is, the black control box is showing red and amber lights. I don't recall what this was previously, but I'm guessing green. (Holding down the button for 5 seconds or so causes it to momentarily blink green). Video here:

The valves above each pipe are showing the the "minimum" indicator. I'm assuming this is water pressure in each pipe? And perhaps there is a lack of pressure causing the system not to work?

Normally you could quite clearly hear the pump/sound of moving water in pipes. Instead, the control box is rhythmically clicking.

Unfortunately I don't have any documentation and wasn't around for the 'tutorial' the fitter gave when they completed works. Grateful for any advice as to what is wrong and how I go about fixing it.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hello - is anyone able to advise me on this?

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back