Underfloor heating insulation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am having underfloor heating put in in my bathroom - I am getting insulation boards to put on the concrete floor.

I have a free standing bath - do I have to put the insulation boards under this as well?, even though there will be no underfloor heating there, just to ensure I have a level floor for tiling (someone else is doing the tiling)

Thanks for any help

PS
Are 10mm boards adequate?

Sponsored Links
you neglect to mention whether this is electric or water underfloor heating?

also, this seems to be more suited in tiling or plumbing... we just wire the damn things up..

Sponsored Links
have a free standing bath - do I have to put the insulation boards under this as well?, even though there will be no underfloor heating there, just to ensure I have a level floor for tiling (someone else is doing the tiling)

Would it be best to ask the person doing the tiling?

I know this isn't a electricity answer and this isn't the tiling forum, but make sure your tiler uses a PTB FLEXIBLE ADHESIVE AND GROUT!!

http://www.bal-adhesives.co.uk/bal/bal_products/ptb_flexible.asp

the reason is underfloorheating heats up and cools down and the adhesive and grout need to expand and contract accordingly. If you use a normal adhesive it will be OK a couple of years, but then will start craking up and tile will be loose. PTB is a lot more than normal adhesive, but is worth doing job properly.

(Promise next post will be electricity related)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back