Underfloor heating, one room not heating up

Where in the world is this? One of us might be in your area and be willing to have a look.

Armagh, N.Ireland
If anyone is close by and and willing I'll be happy for your expertise.

The original installer of the UFH system asked for this to be done 3 years ago as him and the electrician started to blame each other for the issue not the latest firm to come out

Thanks again

I always take the view that any competent heating engineer will be totally capable of wiring up any heating system.

If they cannot do wiring then there is no expectation that they will ever be able to diagnose faults as this requires an understanding of electrical systems.

Tony
I never employed them, the main contractor of the build brought them in. Wish now they didn't

Sponsored Links
Still not clear about this. Have you recently removed the actuator for 24 hours, or as long as it takes, to confirm the room does still get some heat?

Still not clear about this. Have you recently removed the actuator for 24 hours, or as long as it takes, to confirm the room does still get some heat?

-No heat in room told to get actuator changed
-Still no heat in room so I removed actuator and and heat went into room
-told then the thermostat must be faulty so had to change that
- once thermostat changed heat stop going to room with actuator on or off
- the loop was purged and a new boiler installed last Saturday, could feel minimal heat coming from floor by late afternoon but went back to no heat by evening even though heating ON all Sunday, and all week...still nothing.

Sponsored Links
image.jpg

I think your talking about the wee red valve on top on the actuator head, if so Yes, when the heating is running it is always up.

Not sure if this makes any difference. I switched all upstair zones off except the room not heating. As you can see actuator pin up. One pipe is hotter than other.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 190

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back