underfloor heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got under-floor heating throughout that obviously hasn't been used much through the summer. Now we want to use it, but I'm struggling to get flow through the circuits. The boiler appears to be working normally and getting heat to the mixer valve of the manifold, but the only way I can get flow through each of the circuits is to turn the mixer valve to its coldest setting. As soon as I turn the temperature up on the valve the flow stops. It isn't much use having flow that is cold! The pump on the manifold also appears to be working correctly, the pressure is ok and I can't seem to get any air out of the sytem. Any one any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sorry should have said it's been installed 2 years and was fine before the summer.

Sponsored Links
Got to the bottom of it. It seems the guy that serviced it before the summer left the return valve closed on the underside of the boiler. The heating must not have been on since then. Opened the valve and all good! Annoying, but solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back