Underfloor heating - replacing thermostatic mixing valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a speedfit underfloor heating system and I think my mixing valve is not working properly. Water from the boiler is hot, but it's luke-warm when going into the heating manifold and no turning of the knob on the mixing valve will change the temp.

I've purchased a new valve and would like to change it myself.

I understand that I need to shut the flow to and from the boiler, but what will happen when I remove the old mixing valve? Is the water in the UFH system under high pressure? If so, do i need to re-pressurize it after replacing the mixing valve?

Apologies for the amateur questions

Sponsored Links
I have a speedfit underfloor heating system and I think my mixing valve is not working properly. Water from the boiler is hot, but it's luke-warm when going into the heating manifold and no turning of the knob on the mixing valve will change the temp.

I've purchased a new valve and would like to change it myself.

I understand that I need to shut the flow to and from the boiler, but what will happen when I remove the old mixing valve? Is the water in the UFH system under high pressure? If so, do i need to re-pressurize it after replacing the mixing valve?

Apologies for the amateur questions

Generally each loop on the UFH manifold is valved. Just shut all the valves, but ensure you take a note of all settings on each individual valve.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back