Underfloor heating tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm renovating my house and we're looking to put underfloor heating in kitchen and bathroom. Do I need to look for special tiles or can I get any off the shelf (the guy in Topps said we could use any of their tiles with underfloor heating but thought I'd double check)?

Thanks in advance
Lee

Sponsored Links
Topps tiles are right; but the efficiency & response time of UFH, either a wet or electric, lies with correct installation & use of insulation boards. I would also advise you to think about weather you really want a UFH system in the kitchen! A friend of mine had one fitted a few years ago & never uses it, it gets hot enough in there as it is; electric UFH systems are not exactly cheap to run either. If electric bear in mind that kitchens & bathrooms are special locations requiring either notification or employing a Part P registered electrician to install.

we're thinking wet. we don't particularly want to have separate heating controllers so hoping it can come off the main thermostat.

Sponsored Links
ok
if your going for wet..
will it be in screed sand/cement 75mm or gvlon screed 40mm thick
or
timber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back