Underfloor heating - wet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm having a new extension built and I was thinking about getting underfloor heating. People have told me that it is the way forward.

The extension will be a new kitchen/diner and an extension to my living room.

It will be 39sq meters. The problem is, I have yet to decide how big each room will be and also where certain item will be in the kitchen area (I'm thinking about having a work surface/table in the centre of the kitchen. Will this effect whether or not I should have underfloor heating laid?

I understand that there are a lot of 'tubes' that pump hot water through them. Should they be spread evenly throughout the room even if I know where cupboards are going to be? I don't see the point in having the tubes laid under where cupboards are.

Any opinions are gratefully accepted.

Adrian

Sponsored Links
The thing about pipe in the floor is. Once the screed is down its pretty hard to change the pipe layout the extra cost of putting it under the cupboards will be negligible and what if you change your kitchen layout after the screed is down? Wouldn't want a cold spot would you?
As for spreading the tubes evenly watch a few YouTube videos and you will get the picture ;)

As for spreading the tubes evenly watch a few YouTube videos and you will get the picture ;)

Thank you for your response. I have looked at a couple of Youtube videos. They make it look simple enough to lay yourself!!!

I've looked at the costs and it looks like it's about £700 not including installation. For example...........

http://www.theunderfloorheatingcomp...heating-kit/?gclid=CKezzeuRk74CFWsTwwodnVEAVw

Would you happen to know how difficult they are to install? Are they worth the cost? I know they heat up slower than radiators but apparently the heat lasts longer even after switching it off.

Could a competent DIYer install it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back