Underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to do some building work (opening up an arch between two rooms) that requires I completely replan the layout of my down stairs. As I will have everything in a state of flux, I am thinking about putting down underfloor central heating.

I already have some in my new kitchen on a solid floor. I am well impressed with it hence considering it for the rest of the ground floor - be nice not to have radiators all over.

It is a 1910s house with wooden floor boards sitting on joists. Below the joists is quite a large cavity.

There are airbricks in the outer walls that I will have to consider. I want to heating the space and then letting it escape - do I seal up the airbricks

Is it possible/sensible to lay underfloor heating in this type of cavity environment - as opposed to laying on something solid.

Do I clip the pipes to the joists. Is there some neat insulation board that I can suspend below the pipes to reflect the heat up into the room.

Water pipe or electric mat?

Has anyone heard of such a thing. I am being daft.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Can you give me an example of "mans websites" - a search on mans plumbing is very interesting but does not bring up anything relevant to my needs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back