Underfloor heating

Sponsored Links
Thanks looneyfitter.

I can remember reading on here about the manifold and I'm assuming that it's one port per 90/100LM, which means I would need 4 ports.

I have just found this kit and I'm not sure if it's what I need http://www.theunderfloorheatingstor...g-standard-room-kit-to-cover-37m2-2345-p.asp.

Can you tell me all the items I require, so I can check If I can sours them cheaper rather than buying them in kit form.

Thanks.

link dont work matey, You need a 2 port flow and return manifold per 100lm (10M2) Its usually an extra 30 quid per port so i usally add an extra 1 for good measurel

Then you need a blending kit, pump kit, isolation kit,pipe,insulation clips etc.

Do a search on Emmeti

Sponsored Links
I was looking at a gas bill today of about £1000 per month in the winter and the gas unit charge was 2.63p/kWh.

For electricity it might be about 12p/kWh.

I dont see how you can imagine that electricity is the same price as gas.

Tony

TOny thats not what im saying mate. What i am saying is that 100w is 100w. How much you pay for each is a different matter. The actual floor temp will still be the same. Couldnt tell you what is more expensive elec or gas

SCARES ME TO LOOK AT MT CONSUMER BILLS :eek:

Hi looneyfitter.

The 3 items that you listed came to around £200.

The blender and valve was identical, so I have only included 1, if I do need the 2 then it will increase to £265.

400m of pipe cost £270.

I'm allowing £100/150 for timber and fixings.

I've been told I need around 1 tonne of sand and I've allowed £80.

Around £150 for ply.

I'm not sure if I"ve covered everything, but with what I've got already it comes to £915 if I need both the blender and valve and £65 cheaper if I don't.

All other materials should be the same compared between wet and electric, the only thing I'm not sure of is if the insulation used is identical..

Thanks.

You only need 1 blender matey. IIRC 1 bag of KILN DRIED SAND!!!! covered 1m2

2 by 1 plained batton costs peanuts so wont be any where near £150.

Ply is about £15 for 1200 by 2400

Screwfi was the cheapest for insulation. Silver foil back was 100 quid

That looks cheap enough. It looks like its a 1 circuit system tho. Id be looking to Split the load into 5-6 circuits
Give them a ring and ask how many port are on the manifold

Thanks Guy's for all your help.

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time, but I have decided that I am just going to install radiators.

As I was not in complete control of the original Bungalow, I am not confident that this is going to be successful and heat the area up enough.

The worst thing that can happen is that after finishing the property off, the heat to that area isn't enough and then I need to use separate halogen heaters or similar.

Although this isn't a major problem for myself it would be unfair for me to pass this on to someone else.

I have no intention of staying at this property for long and hopefully within a few years I'll have enough funds to sell and do a self build (which is something I've always wanted to do).

I really appreciate all the help you have given.

I now know how U/F heating works and I will never be buying the electric stuff.

Thanks.

Can you explain how that works.

I am going to be placing them around the whole area evenly, so that I can try and get as even a heat as possible.

Thanks.

Sorry just thought on your heating a single area so no point. But basically a linnear valve fits to the flow and a programmable stat controls that rad. Enables you to control rooms individually

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time, but I have decided that I am just going to install radiators!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ..............Never laughed so much since the wife died!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back