Underfloor Insulation

C

cabot

My current house was built in 1930 and is built from brick exterior and interior walls .I have like any one else been looking to save money on fuel bills and whilst i am in the process of getting estimates from qualified cavity wall insulators i was also considering fitting some sort of insulation underneath my wooden floors.The whole of the underneath of the house can be reached but i have pipes,cctv wires,electric cables and so on all over the place.What sort of insulation types should i fit .By the way the central heating pipes are micro bore.Can i get pipe lagging for it ?

Sponsored Links
You can use standard lagging on the pipes, but don't insulate the floor it needs to be ventilated to avoid damp and timber wrot.

Sorry to ask a daft question but i haven't come across insulation for microbore pipes.Is it widely available? I have seen microbore which has had a plastic insulation sleeve already on it before it was installed but haven't come across any aftermarket product.i

Sponsored Links
Sorry to ask a daft question but i haven't come across insulation for microbore pipes.Is it widely available? I have seen microbore which has had a plastic insulation sleeve already on it before it was installed but haven't come across any aftermarket product.i

Just search on ebay for pipe insulation and you'll find small bore sizes.

Insulating under your floors sounds like a good idea especially if you have easy access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back