Underground Drainage Any Alternative to Normal Clay Pipe Adaptor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to connect into downpipe from the gutter, normally not an issue but...

Have a clay underground drainage pipe that extends only 5 cm from the side of my garage. That includes the lip, also there are some minor cracks extending about 8 cm into the pipe body. Have tested the pipe by running water through it and it works OK, so no problems there.

The internal diameter of the main pipe body is 10 cm (External Diameter 12.5cm).

Is there a product that can be inserted into to body of the pipe (or another method) to overcome this issue?

Or is the only way to solve this to drill out part of the garage wall so I can get a Clay Adaptor around the pipe?

Sponsored Links
Not quite sorry bad explanation.

UPDATE: Have fixed in a new plastic pipe into the clay end socket using Sticks Like S###T, aligned the pipe using rolled up DPC inside (supported clay pipe and a portion of the plastic pipe as well with ballast and cement) and it's worked like a dream.

Better than me digging up the garage floor and punching a hole in the garage wall to fix on the rubber fittings you can get.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back