Underlay and laminate for bathroom

Sponsored Links
you only need the damp proof underlay if its over a concrete floor to stop any rising damp effecting the floor.

you can lay this floor over your existing tiles, but take into consideration the height of the floor with your tiles>the underlay>and the laminate as you might have to plane the door to clear and match up to the joining room.

and whenever i do a floor i always refit the skirtings as those plastic/wood quadrants to cover the expansion gaps are horrible. they look horrible they do nothing for the look of the floor. If you must use them match them to your skirtings not the floor so they look like part of the skirting.

oh and get a bath mat......these floors are slippery when wet!

laminate floor in a bathroom - you must be mad. My grandma had laminate in the kitchen and even a mop will destroy it! Dont go there. People dripping on it, and high humidity will ruin it within months.

although it says its waterproof i think its drip proof at best,i have just put some b and q tile loc down on standard underlay,just be carefull not to saturate it and wipe off any excess water,it also destroys woodsaws so use the appropriate cutting blades

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I'm also thinking of getting some of this stuff for my bathroom. My boyf has offered to fit it (as apparently is relatively easy according to the other reports I've read). What worries me is how do you fit it around the sink pedestal and the loo??? Or am I just being thick!

Your replies will be appreciated as I need to put my mind at rest b 4 I take him up on his offer![/b]

Hi,
I'm also thinking of getting some of this stuff for my bathroom. My boyf has offered to fit it (as apparently is relatively easy according to the other reports I've read). What worries me is how do you fit it around the sink pedestal and the loo??? Or am I just being thick!

Your replies will be appreciated as I need to put my mind at rest b 4 I take him up on his offer![/b]

Has he done this sort of thing before? Anyway, tyo answer your question, use sheets of cardboard (opened up cereal boxes?) or newspaper to create a template around the features. Then use these to transfer the shape onto the laminate.

Save yourself the hassle though and get some vinyl down. Cheap and goes down a treat. As you will be if he does a good job ;)

you only need the damp proof underlay if its over a concrete floor to stop any rising damp effecting the floor.
Not completely true!
If you install wooden floors (solid, wood-engineered and laminate) over
vinyl or other type of tile you do ahve to use a dpm (combi-underlayment) to
prevent sweating of the tiles - due to difference in temperature etc -
effecting your wood.

Well i put the floor down 2 year ago now and its as good as new. Looks good and no problems whatsoever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back