Underpinning poor finish

There is always the option to say lay a plinth stretcher brick on the concrete ledge then render up to the overhang of the plinth brick or build a plinth wall etc.

The existing wall does not exactly look straight so i guess the underpinning is gonna wander a bit too.

Sponsored Links
It's not that often that you see this unique style of work, but it does exist, it comes under the "Slapped Arse" school of building. This was prevalent in the late 60s & 70s, interesting to see that there are still some adherents, apart from window fitters and DPC mongers, still clinging to this mode of work.

Cover it with brick and hope for the best!
Thats not underpinning! Thats is....lets just pour some concrete in a hole! Job done!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The existing wall does not exactly look straight so i guess the underpinning is gonna wander a bit too.

I was guessing there would be a bigger trench under there, and they shoved in a bit of shuttering that would come somewhere near the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back