undersized gas pipe shock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working pressure at meter proves governor/regulator. working pressure at appliance proves pipe sizing,sorry i asked, place is full of comedians. :rolleyes:
for agile`s information I`m an installer and so-so breakdown engineer and i know the rule of anything over 24kilowatts should be 28mm, how many installs do you do, probably none..my question was posed to an installer/gas fitter not you armchair heroes....

Sponsored Links
Working pressure at meter proves governor/regulator. working pressure at appliance proves pipe sizing,sorry i asked, place is full of comedians. :rolleyes:

Looks like you will have to re-egister with new name.

If you did proper calculation, you wouldn't be looking so daft.

You also clearly need to know meter pressure is within parameters, if only to make sure you haven't exceeded 1mb pressure loss.

The rest of us know that to determine the pressure drop you have to measure BOTH pressures.

I wasn`t asking how to measure a pressure drop know all, i know very well how to do that, i was asking how many fitters sit down and plan the pipe sizing requirements from meter to appliance when installing, all you are waffling on about is post installation, shut up you are showing yourself up as someone who has never actually planned and installed anything except on paper.

Agile the guy who thought boilers where wired up with 2.5mm twin and earth cable you are sounding as much of a halfwit as the windup merchant with your stupid BG comments :rolleyes: .

Sponsored Links
If you did proper calculation, you wouldn't be looking so daft.
I suppose you do that do you? every time someone asks you to add a cooker to their home, sit down do you, work out existing appliances, rip up floorboards to check existing pipe sizes? what a muppet :LOL: another website hero. :LOL:

You also clearly need to know meter pressure is within parameters, if only to make sure you haven't exceeded 1mb pressure loss.
What parameters would they be? your meter needs to be delivering the right millibar of gas presure into your home, know what that pressure is?? you are just waffling on mate, give up, it`s embarassing to be honest.

for agile`s information I`m an installer and so-so breakdown engineer and i know the rule of anything over 24kilowatts should be 28mm, how many installs do you do, probably none..my question was posed to an installer/gas fitter not you armchair heroes....

This is highly embarassing that you are making such a fool of yourself when you are ( or should be ) gas registered.

There is no "rule" that give pipe sizes, there are only calculations! The pipe size depends on the distance and the power.

Every other RGI learnt on their ACS that whenever you install a gas appliance you MUST calculate the correct size of gas supply pipe.

Do you dare to say which ACS centre passed you?

Tony

Ok, in answer to your question (and I'm an installer primarily), from experience you know the size required, However for a long run (I call upto 20m long) I would always take 5 mins to do the calculations.

i know the rule of anything over 24kilowatts should be 28mm

This is highly embarassing that you are making such a fool of yourself when you are ( or should be ) gas registered.

There is no "rule" that give pipe sizes, there are only calculations! The pipe size depends on the distance and the power.

This was one of your quotes, muppet!! anything over 24kilowatts should be 28mm. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :cool: want me to find it??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back