understanding the potterton kingfisher boiler??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted a digital controller(Danfoss715si) to my parent's potterton kingfisher boiler, but I can't run central heating(CH) only...Hot water(HW) has to be on also. I can do the inverse & have HW only.

Is this because heating hot water when CH is on, doesn't use any more gas? so you may as well have it on?

The old Sangama M5 controller removed only ever allowed CH+HW ...or.. HW on own.

:confused: I am baffled as the boiler I have in my house is also very old but allows running of both independently. It's same hot water tank type system but I have valves fitted. Is that why? If HW is free to heat when CH is on I have to change my timer settings pronto! as I have HW on early in morning before heating comes on. :oops:
Cheers Del_bert

Sponsored Links
The more water you heat up the more it costs, so no, you don't get the hot water for free when the heatings on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back