Advice pls-Potterton keeps heating water (new controller??)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - I know it is an old boiler but i have a Potterton II kingfisher with a potterton ch / hw control unit. A fault has recently developed whereby even when heating and water is switched off on the control unit the boiler seems to periodically fire up for a few mins here and there and continue to heat water in the hot weater cylinder. The only way I can stop this is to actually turn the boiler control unit off - then all is fine and the boiler just sits there with the pilot going.

My question is (and obviously I will get my local registered corgi to investigate) it seems a reasonable assumption that the old Potterton control unit has developed a fault - I was considering asking to have it replaced with a Drayton LP722 - (a) would the Drayton be compatible with my boiler? (b) do you think replacing the control unit will sort the issue.

I'm thinking that the control unit has developed a fault with the hw overide in that it thinks overide is always on?

many many thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
pls help - i appreciate that everyone is v busy and i would be most grateful for your opinion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back