"undoing" wood glue & removing skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a wardrobe delivered that won't fit in the alcove it was bought for (measurements on website were 10cm out!)

To try to squeeze it in I'm thinking of removing the skirting board on one side of the alcove - what's the best way to do this? I'm thinking lift the carpet and lever from the bottom. I don't want to split the wood though incase I want to put it back. It looks like there's a VERY convenient join, but if it's not how do I remove just a section? Do I have to remove the whole run, saw it, then put it back, or can it be sawn in-situ?

I'm also hoping to take a notch out of some of the trim on the wardrobe, but it appears to be glued on. Is there a solvent that can help loosen wood glue, preferably one that won't strip the paint?

Sponsored Links
If the measurements are wrong then send it back before you do damage to your property.

Sale of goods act..........not as described!

Andy

yeah but I have bought a matching set, I really like it and spent ages looking for one that would fit in the alcove (haha). Returning it is a last resort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back