Uneven Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My in-laws are looking at a bungelow as they are retiring. We have looked at one and the kitchen units are fitted straight but the ceiling slopes to the middle interior brick wall. Is this a major problem, everything looks ok, the front room on the other side of the interior wall slopes to the interior wall as well. They are looking at having a new kitchen fitted so when i fit that will it be easy to level the ceiling by re-boarding.
thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
crazyk69 said:
Hi

Seams to me you need to rip the old ceiling down to find out why its not level. You may need to lift the wood supports. What has happened over the years your central supporting wall footings have sunk or become unstable. Get them checked before you start.

Ian
;)

I would do some investigation & get a professional opinion on that one before buying it if I were you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back