Uneven kitchen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a relatively small kitchen (11 ft x 11 ft) ish - the floor is uneven (there are trees next door!) and covered with ashphalt which has been poured on but does not always reach the edges - underneath I think it is concrete. I had thought of using self levelling flooring compound though some of the bumps (containing cracked concrete) are more than 3mm
I wonder whether the best option is to have the floor screed done again by a contractor but unsure what this involves and cost, for example , will they have to remove the ashphalt and dig down (not sure about dpc levels inside) etc I know you can't give estimates but how much a s quare metre to get this sort of work done professionally. also what type of contractor should you use - see lots of plasterers and screeders do they do both usually ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back