Uneven shed base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Recently bought a new house and want to put up a wooden shed. There is a concrete base I want to use which I think used to be a long garage back in the day. The problem I have is that it's not level. It slopes downwards and it's got a 5cm difference in level from where the back will go to where the front will go. I have some plastic blocks I thought of using to prop up the front to make it level as don't really want to start hacking the concrete up to put more down so was wondering is anyone had any other ideas? Wll the unevenness of it make much difference if I just plonk it straight down?
20240519_151733.jpg
There is a photo of the spirit level on the plastic blocks which shows the height difference

Sponsored Links
Just get different thicknesses of wood going across.
Pack the 2 shed corners to get level then slide the different wood thicknesses in to pack.

Garage floors slope so fuel spills out I thought.

Wll the unevenness of it make much difference if I just plonk it straight down?
No, as long as the shed sides remain square to the base, it will be fine. Just propping the corners may result in a wee bit of racking which could be harmful to the door opening side. Have the door opening on the level elevation.

Thanks. I was thinking of some bricks or bits in concrete to even it up and then put some wooden edges along the bottom so you can't see the bodge job underneith and also to prevent the local cats getting under there.

Sponsored Links
just space it off the concrete by around 12mm to keep the timber off the ground preferably at the top off the slope
you will need support along the joists [floor timbers]at least every 6-800mm dependent on timber size to avoid a trampoline

Set the hut level, raised up over the entire floor, but do not use timber blocks or anything susceptible to moisture. Use bricks/tiles/even plastic blocks, to match the thickness needed, and supports not more that around two feet apart, over the entire floor. Idea is - keep the timber clear of the water.

Yes the plan is to prop it on plastic shims at the back to keep it off the ground and as it goes forward, use bricks, slabs, bits of slate etc to level it and keep the moisture away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back