Uneven slope for concrete foundations - what level?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, As well as the building I posted an earlier query about, I am building another outbuilding on a slope. The long east side of its 10' x 8' size is about 2 ft higher ground level than the west side. I have dug a trench of equal depth for all 4 sides but I don't know whether to build up the lower side with shuttering to have a level pour of concrete on all four sides or if I can do it in 2 bracket-shaped sections: a '[' and a ']', with a height difference and a cold joint between the two. I could then bring them up level to around the highest ground level by building up the lower, downhill side with a couple of courses of concrete blocks, or similar. The downhill side faces woods and undergrowth so aesthetics don't matter.
Has anyone done anything similar or offer advice?

Thanks again
Brian

Sponsored Links
just dig down deeper on the high side.. no extra concrete then.. just a few more bricks to get it out of the ground..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back