Ungrateful Visitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a lady friend from Europe stay with us as our guest. I met her on the internet purely as a friend and she came over and stayed for 3 days.

What slightly irritated me was that she made no effort or offer to clear up after dinner and seemed to be a very recieving type of lady. The last straw was that I didn't even get a thank you :evil: when she left to freeload off her next friend :rolleyes:

I know she was my guest and I didn't expect anything from her or begrudge her anything, BUT, I am really ****** off that she didn't have the decency to say thanks.

Anybody else had this happen to them?

BTW an old Italian saying........... A visitor is like a fish.........After 3 days they start to smell!
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
I've slept on a few sofa's, and had a few people sleep on mine, with variable levels of gratitude both ways.
Peeps from other countries can have slightly different customs/manners. She would only really be taking the P if she refused to put you up, were you to visit her.

Sponsored Links
I don't think that nationality should be an excuse for bad manners but, certainly, I have found big differences in the attitudes of foreign visitors.
My particular irritation is with some of my Son's girlfriends. He has gone through a divorce and is now playing the field so to speak. In fact, we now have bets on what the next girlfriend is going to be like. Some are quite heavenly, with good manners, concern for our welfare and, very keen to help out with a few chores during their stay. Unfortunately, there have been one or two who have not lifted a finger to assist and, not even a thank you for all the trouble which my Wife goes to to ensure their every comfort. Strangely, those whose "Mummies and Daddies" are high in various social circles, seem to be the worst, and the best, undoubtedly, the nurse who does 14 hour shifts in a hospice, could move us to tears with her matter of fact descriptions of her working day, and still would insist on helping out, in the house, during her too infrequent visits.

Must say that thought crossed my mind too. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back