Unibond bathroom/kitchen sealant on upvc windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, would be really grateful for some advice.

The sealant on one of my bedroom windows has gone mouldy so I removed it and placed some unibond kitchen/bathroom sealant on. It seemed just the job as it is anti mould and White and I had some left over from an old job.

I'm now wondering if this was ok to do and I've since read there are so many different types of sealant.

Will this sealant be ok? Will it damage the upvc?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The sealant won't interfere with the upvc, but do keep an eye on it.....the 'modulus ' of the sealant depends on the movement it needs to handle.
Only personally speaking, Unibond isn't my choice of product, preferring Dow Corning stuff.
John :)

Thanks for your reply John.

Is there any possibility of a chemical reaction from the acetic content of this sealant, as there's a strong odour, and the upvc? I ask because it's the nippers bedroom window I've sealed.

At this point I'm concerned and thinking I'm just going to have to re-do the whole seal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back