Unidentified Coax

There is a splice halfway up the building fitted with f connectors...

Yes, and that's not a termination, that's a joint. And as I said, F connectors are used as joints most of the time, no matter the use of the cable.

To compare, you mean my BNC connectors don't mean that my cable is network and could possibly be audio or video?

I'm shocked ;)

Sponsored Links
There is a splice halfway up the building fitted with f connectors...

Yes, and that's not a termination, that's a joint. And as I said, F connectors are used as joints most of the time, no matter the use of the cable.

To compare, you mean my BNC connectors don't mean that my cable is network and could possibly be audio or video?

I'm shocked ;)

Or radio, or part of certain aircraft avionics.. Not that I'd want to see a BNC used as a static joint.

By this stage we all know Monkeh is being pedantic, rather than supplying information.

I might fit f connectors on my telephone cable...doubt they will work...grow up fella!

By this stage we all know Monkeh is being pedantic, rather than supplying information.

I might fit f connectors on my telephone cable...doubt they will work...grow up fella!

No, everyone but you knows I'm trying to make a point. Would you like me to spell it out for you? Ok.

You cannot identify the purpose of a piece of 75 ohm coax by the colour, thickness, screening, writing on the sheath, or any type of standard connector which may be fitted to it for the purpose of termination or jointing. To think you can identify the cable by any of these properties alone is lunacy.

Sponsored Links

No, everyone but you knows I'm trying to make a point. Would you like me to spell it out for you? Ok.

You cannot identify the purpose of a piece of 75 ohm coax by the colour, thickness, screening, writing on the sheath, or any type of standard connector which may be fitted to it for the purpose of termination or jointing. To think you can identify the cable by any of these properties alone is lunacy.

Apart from the fact that it is connected with f type connectors. That type of connector identifies it's use. That you feel the need to ignore.

Apart from the fact that it is connected with f type connectors. That type of connector identifies it's use. That you feel the need to ignore.

In my living room there are two runs of black coaxial cable. 75ohm, 1mm copper conductor, foam dielectric, double copper screening (foil and braid), black sheath with no markings, terminated with F connectors and couplers in a plate. What are these two cables used for?

As they are not marked up, then they are illegal imports; but as you state that you are sitting in your living room surrounded, by coils of wire, then that must suggest that you are mentally deranged, or have a close association with the love of cable....either way you are mentally deranged.

Are they? I wasn't aware coaxial cable was regulated.

I also wasn't aware my post said anything about sitting in my living room surrounded by coils of wire. They're in the wall and under the floor. I know what they're made of because I installed them.

I see you didn't answer my question. I thought the use of an F connector identified the use of the cable? In which case it should be no trouble at all for you to tell me what my cables are for.

All UK cables are marked up with the Uk BS standard. You clearly state, that the cable that you live with in your living room, doesn't provide that BS standard, so whatever cable you have, isn't to any standard. As you, yourself state.

Are they? I wasn't aware coaxial cable was regulated

Trading standard would be interested in that comment..Time to face the truth.

All UK cables are marked up with the Uk BS standard. You clearly state, that the cable that you live with in your living room, doesn't provide that BS standard, so whatever cable you have, isn't to any standard. As you, yourself state.

If you know so much, what BS (that's BS, not BS standard. I thought you spoke good English?) applies to my coaxial cable, for what intended purpose?

Are they? I wasn't aware coaxial cable was regulated

Trading standard would be interested in that comment..Time to face the truth.

Trading standards? What do they have to do with it? I'm not operating a business, selling cable and services to people. They have absolutely no relevance here.

So, you're still proving my point with every post: You cannot identify the purpose of these two coaxial cables based on the information given to you despite your claims otherwise, you are unwilling to address the point, and you are making unfounded libellous statements.

You seem to be using illigally imported cables, without the correct labelling on the cables? Therefore the cables are substandard and illegal.

However I find it strange that you live within a cable environment...of illegal cables, and no girlfriend.. I wonder why?

Enter my house, navigate the various cables, to find your way to the bedroom....

Once more, you fail to address any points in my post, make wild claims, and make the same abusive comments you call others on.

I've got to get some sleep now, I look forward to waking up to get a laugh out of your next senseless post.

You state that you use illegal cables.

No, I never said anything of the sort.

You are bad at defending their use, and claim nothing about their use.

I've not been defending their use, and you're meant to be the one telling me what I use them for, as you're the expert.

So you are scum.

And you call me abusive.

And the comment that you have coils of cable in your living room is bizarre.

Yes, it was rather bizarre. Why did you make that comment?

I think trading standards will laugh at you, because everything you post is nonsensense. The Judge will further laugh at you, as what you write, is total g*****e.

Once again, what the flying f*** do Trading Standards have to do with anything?

Because M.Mickey can't answer the questions you pose so he does his usual rubbish deflection, and even that is such a poor show it's embarrassing.

I'm still trying to get his patent ip sniffer/tracer software he has for tracking forum posts.

and actually F connectors would actually work with joining telephone cable (just).

This is 100% correct.

If I have to join 75 Ohm coaxial cable, I always use F connectors, regardless of what signal is being carried. In fact I've done so in my loft on the cable from the TV aerial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back