Unidentified Light Years box and lighting under floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a victorian mid terrace, with original raised floorboards. On either side of the lounge, running from plug sockets to under the floor boards I have grey boxes made by a company called Light Years. When you power them on a light lights up. What is their purpose?

Thanks

B

Sponsored Links
On either side of the lounge, running from plug sockets to under the floor boards I have grey boxes made by a company called Light Years. When you power them on a light lights up. What is their purpose?
Is what the title of this thread says correct - that the light which comes on is under the floorboards? A photo of one of the grey boxes may help someone to assist.

Kind Regards, John

Think he may mean an indicator light on the box

Early 12 volt 50va toroidal transformers used to have an indicator neon built in to indicate mains power as well as a 20mm fuse mounted on the supply

Lightyears was a supplier Afaik back in the 80's

Sponsored Links
maybe they are wall lights or something and someone was undecided if they wanted them or not after a refurb and just left them under the floor as a temporary measure

We need PICTURES. Are there any words, numbers or symbols printed on the boxes. Any labels near them that may have fallen off the boxes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back