united utilities drains/ Building control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've submitted my building control plans to be approved My architect suggested i should give united utilities a ring regarding my extension and drains that I've always assumed was private. But after brief phone call they said i need a build over agreement as i have a manhole that belongs to united utilities and i should look at the guidance. Anyways cut long story short I checked there Guidance and it shows its a private drain. Also there a questions with 3 yes or no answers
Figure 2
Pipe size - Is the pipe less than 300mm in
diameter Yes No
3m
Pipe depth - Is your pipe no deeper than 3m
Yes No
12m
Size of Development - Is the length of your
new building (over the sewer) smaller than 12m
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all of these questions
all you need to do is simply apply for your
building regulations with your LABC department
or Approved Inspector. Information regarding
building control bodies can be found either in the
Yellow Pages or via an internet search.
When you work with building control; if they are
satisfied with your proposals and it fits our criteria,
they will approve this on United Utilities’ behalf
and you will not have to contact us for further
approval.
My pipe size is 100mm
its 980mm below ground
and my build to the rear is 5.2meters in length
am I right thinking my building control can sort this matter or do I have to get a build over

9uGmEco.jpg

nB2WE8M.png

Sponsored Links
If there's no-one upstream of you then its a private sewer until it joins with next doors. So looks like LABC only, don't understand your Paint drawing so not going to comment. Apart from sewers under buildings are best avoided

Sponsored Links
Goddam stupid autocorrect- i typed Only BC and Thing decidrd that wasn't what I meant. Grrr. Yes LABC or approved inspector, whichever floats yr boat (always used LA myself, they don't tend to go bankrupt halfway through a job :) )

Goddam stupid autocorrect- i typed Only BC and Thing decidrd that wasn't what I meant. Grrr. Yes LABC or approved inspector, whichever floats yr boat (always used LA myself, they don't tend to go bankrupt halfway through a job :) )
Fortunately I got out before the Aedis debacle so I didn't have to deal with any of the reversion apps back to the LA!

this has been bugging me all weekend as i don't think building control will allow me to put slow bend/ 30 degree on main line what i am thinking there is a gap off 250mm each side off the extension to allow for the gutter/facia. I think might have better chance this being accepted if i make my soil stack external rather than keeping it internal also (See drawing ) let me know what you think and thank you again for all your info Cheers

Attachments

• Drain layout 1.png
    Drain layout 1.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 83

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back