Units higher than windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to design a kitchen and because of the plumbing, the kitchen sink unit has to be under the window.

But the window is lower than the back of the kitchen unit.

The last people lived with this problem, but is there any way - other than having new windows, to make the units look ok from the outside?

Sponsored Links
Hi, Got round same problem by ftting venetian blinds in window recess. Not ideal but kept the wife happy.

Sponsored Links
get an "upstand" for the back of the counter tops ( a thin strip of mdf in the same patern as the counter ) and fit it going down at the back instead of up the wall..

get an "upstand" for the back of the counter tops ( a thin strip of mdf in the same patern as the counter ) and fit it going down at the back instead of up the wall..

That's another good idea - thanks.

BTW I'm not a mate... I'm a female.

So thanks both knights in shining armour.

We made our up-stand out of a section of worktop, with the wood-block patterned surface facing the window, so it looks good from the outside. It only stands about half an inch above the counter surface, so from the inside all you see is the pattern as well. It looks good and sturdy - better than the up-stands we looked at. It's useless as a splashback, but it does stop drips from the counter into the window sill...

I'm having my kitchen window raised by a double glazing firm.

The quote was much cheaper than I had anticipated.

BTW I'm not a mate... I'm a female.

Is mating with females not allowed these days?

You really must keep up with the new Government directives.

I'm afraid you are not allowed to take pictures of policepersons in politically embarrassing situations, trains and patio heaters owned by ministers.

...Or fail to re-cycle your tights, underpants or G-strings as garden plant accessories.

Climbing stairs and mating are also out of the question, as these hazardous occupations are clearly too dangerous, according to H&S.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back