Unknown valve

Ha Hahahhahah, excellent, another incompetent diy dangerous fiddlers cage rattled, keep em coming until your blown to bits, I love it.

Sponsored Links
I'm not quite convinced it IS a bypass, because the pipe splits below it. I don't know any reason why a bypass should do that. ??
Where do those 2 pipes go, I mean there's one down through the floor and the other goes upwards eventually.

You might find that there's a constant number of turns between the clicks - like 10. Probably, fully clockwise is shut. Start the heating from cold with the valve in that position and see if the pipe the other side (below) gets hot. If you wind anticlockwise it'll probably open. Record what's on ( ch or HW or both) and how many turns to make it pass HW through the valve.

ChrisR thanks for your answer. The pipe that goes eventually up is the "Return" of HW heater part of the Magaflo cylinder. The heater "Flow" pipe comes of the silver motorised valve. The other part of the split pipe I think it goes to the boiler but I'm not sure.

Sponsored Links
Ok that makes sense, except that the boiler connections on a Megaflo are closer than that these days - the pipe "eventually going up" to the top right corner of the first pic looks rather high. ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back