Unlawful loft ?

He is clueless but still has managed to loose you your sale and the buyers their purchase. What a ****ing bell end.

Sponsored Links
My comment was also partly aimed at some of the regulars here who maintain an LDC is a waste of time but in situations like this they are actually really rather good.
Yes there are the dinosaurs on here who insist they are of never of any use whatsoever. :rolleyes::)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys for help . To be fair I haven’t bought or sold a property for 15 years so it seems all common sense has gone out of the window, lots of grey areas, greedy councils and dumb conveyancers

This goes to show how incompetence on the part of a supposed professional has 1) probably lost you a sale and 2) probably put off a buyer who might have been really keen on your house. And they will have charged handsomely for that advice.

Um exactly that’s what’s happened. They were all for signing contracts . What makes this even worse he sat on this problem (in his head) for 6 weeks before even raising with our solicitor . You literally couldn’t make it up . We have many names for him all of which are not suitable to post on here .

My house had a rear extension when I bought it. It was built around 1990. My solicitor tried to insist that the sellers show me the building certificate. They told him to poke it (PD). I still bought the house and then knocked it down in a few years later.

My house had a rear extension when I bought it. It was built around 1990. My solicitor tried to insist that the sellers show me the building certificate. They told him to poke it (PD). I still bought the house and then knocked it down in a few years later.
The house, or the extension??

Yer wish we had now . Although these buyers hang off every word their solicitor says so I don’t think they would have bought - very inexperienced buyers

Here he is, yet like it or not if the OP had had one they would have sold their house by now, the sale wouldn't have fallen through, they'd have saved untold amounts of money, stress and heartache. But you carry on in woody world.

Here he is, yet like it or not if the OP had had one they would have sold their house by now, the sale wouldn't have fallen through, they'd have saved untold amounts of money, stress and heartache. But you carry on in woody world.
Lol.

The home owner/seller merely gets a suitably qualified person (I normally recommend Building Surveyor) to briefly state that the work is PD in accordance with the rules at the time it was built. Whether this is done at the time of sale or if the person who did the design plans was a suitably qualified surveyor then he writes it down then.

The relevance of being suitably qualified to make the statement is that that person is an "expert" and as such trumps any Solicitor in this matter.

LDC? WTF?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back