Unmarked Track Potholes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I share a track with 5 other houses which we are all responsible for. At some point it was resurfaced and had speed bumps put in.

Over the years this has all worn/washed away and so the track is a gravely stony track, which in itself isn't an issue. However at the speed bumps, we have a fair amount of humps and dips thanks to cars wheel spinning on the loose surface.

At the moment there is no scope/money for resurfacing so I'm wondering if there is anything that is worth doing in order to level out the humps and fill in the dips that will last for any decent amount of time.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Club together for a JCB to drag it's front bucket to level the lot

Loose stone is always going to end up rutted and potholed, so I don't think it will matter if compaction was done with the JCB bucket or a roller. It will be semi-compacted now.

If you have no money for a hard wearing surface, the best you can do is just level what there is now. And then rake it or something every now and again.

Sponsored Links
Is it tarmac?

If you have pot holes your best off cutting them square and filling them with something that will set hard. My sister lives on a farm and her neighbour is forever filling pot holes with MOT, total waste of time because it washes out when it rains and cars go over it.

Sorry this took so long! Hard to really get a good idea from a photo but these are basically like big ripples which make the cars bounce all over the place because they are so randomly spaced
IMG_20170517_160609.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back