Unpairing/disabling Climapro wireless sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have, though the great help of this forum, gotten most of my issues sorted. We have now though the new Climapro2 RD controller (linked to an Ultracom 18HXI via a smart wiring center) and I can actually program this one! The old one was a pain and being able to set temperatures for different times of the day is fantastic. But like the old system, the outdoor sensor is a pain. Even on the highest curve setting it modulates the circulation temperature down and the whole house is not getting up to temperature.

Is there any way of unpairing/disabling the wireless sensor? At the moment it is in the fridge, was is great as the house is comfortable again!

Sponsored Links
Started at 2.5, but even on 4.0 the circulating water was 52 degrees which wasn't cutting the mustard. I know the house is solid walls and we are in the process of replacing the windows but still! "Fridge mode" had the circulating temperature initially at 78, house got nice and warm and is currently ticking over between 47 and 52 degrees. Can't keep it in the fridge forever hence wanted to see if it could be disabled - although I know the cell will eventually go flat.

set your outside temp correction to -5 first. that should give you a bit more heat.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm trying to do exactly the same as the OP.

I've taken the sensor down and left it 30 miles away in another property. It's been 10 days now and the Climapro2 is still showing the outside temperature as 6 degrees. Anyone know how to get shut of this?! I much preferred the way it worked without weather comp.....

Again I'd like to bring up this question as looking on the forum I can't find anyone who has successfully managed it.

I've taken the wireless sensor down and taken it around 4 miles away. The system seems to have defaulted to an Ext temp of 15C (already got the maximum temp offset of 5 deg set).
This has resulted in the boiler flow setooint being set at around 54deg which isn't enough to bring the house upto temp.

I've spoken to Glow Worm Technical asking how to us pair the sensor. Their initial suggestion was to move the sensor out of range (already tried with no success). Then they suggested powering down the whole system and controls for over 30 mins to unfair the sensor. I've tried this including removing the batteries from the wireless programmer and initially this works but then after about 15 mins the Ext T re appears on the programmer showing 15c and the boiler returns to a 54c flow temp setooint.

Any suggestions to completely factory reset the system so that the out door temperature compensation is disabled for good?

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm trying to do exactly the same as the OP.

I've taken the sensor down and left it 30 miles away in another property. It's been 10 days now and the Climapro2 is still showing the outside temperature as 6 degrees. Anyone know how to get shut of this?! I much preferred the way it worked without weather comp.....

I ended up having to buy a new receiver module - found one on ebay for about £15, seemed to be the only solution. Working as I wanted now with no weather comp.

Seems a bit strange that once paired there is no option to un-pair

If currently got the sensor in the freezer to allow me to get the house warmed up but I will try speaking to Glow Worm again tomorrow and see what they can suggest.

I will bear your solution in mind though if problems persist.

I ended up having to buy a new receiver module - found one on ebay for about £15, seemed to be the only solution. Working as I wanted now with no weather comp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back