Unreachable condensate pipe

It's something I've never thought about. Ours goes out through the wall and has frozen a couple of times. There's a drain under the worktop about 1mtr away.

Sponsored Links
We have an external condensate drain and it's not frozen in 7 years, been bloody freezing recently as well and wind blows on back side of house where it is.

Must be lucky.

Speak of the devil :LOL::LOL:

IMG_6762.JPG

Sponsored Links
@Buxus ive no idea what the Worcester offer is. I saw the ice valve gadget referenced in an old thread on here along with a link to a long expired eBay advert. Basically a valve fitted internally on the condensate pipe with a length of narrow “drain” pipe. You open the valve when there’s a risk of freezing and drain the condensate into a bucket until the temperature rises.

OMG it's eaten your pointing :eek:

The whole side is like that.

If that's lime mortar I bet it has. Limestone chippings are used in a condensate soakaway I think to neutralise the condensate?

I think it's too new for lime but does need some work.

Ian's wife has hairy arms.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Andy

She has a grip like a vice!!!

I bet you’re glad I started this. :)

Not at all, it's going to cost me a fortune to get the house pointed!!!! :LOL::LOL:(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back