Unsupported worktop?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Hi, I guess that you didn't see my post at 5.58 on sunday as it was two minutes before you re-posted.

anyway, here is a link to the L section I recommended

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mild-steel-An...king_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET

Set it back 120mm or so from the front edge and predrill it.

The legs that were recommended after the ones that I recommended will be too low.

A 2x1" batten along the back and side along with one leg and the Lsection iron will suffice.

If you don't want any legs you will need to find a welder to fabricate a wall bracket to support the unsupported end.

My option will cost just over £40, the latter will be much more.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hi Opps

You are correct, I didn't see your previous post - I wish I did as we obviously have come to the same conclusion :)

The worktop is actually will have walls on all three sides, so the L section (or box section) could be installed into the wall at both ends, or mounted on supports attached to the wall.

If I want to avoid any legs along the 3m length, do you think the L section or box section will be strong enough? I assume fitting two lengths of it, this will be much stronger?

Sponsored Links
Hi ya,

Three sides- even better.

If you are able to punch holes in the walls you wont need to screw the metal to the top.

Rather than two L sections a box section might be better. Your mini rsj would be fine but it looked rather expensive.

The seller should be able to advise re loading but you are correct that you will not need any legs. From a cost perspective battons on the sides and back (with box section at the front) will probably be the cheapest

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back