Worktop join location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installing zenith compact laminate worktop next week

Here is general kitcjen layout
1615661396048444925747572021986.jpg

If we say worktop length 1 is where window is and worktop 2 is where chimney breast wall is, which worktop would you 'take into the corner'.

I am using biscuit joints only, due to it being 12mm thick. It would be easier to get biscuit joints in by running worktop 2 I to the corner and pushing worktop 1 into it, with biscuit joints. So effectively worktop join would be parallel with chimney breast wall. My only issue is that there will be no support at the edges where worktop join would be. Is this an issue? Can the join 'float' so long as its supported nearby?

Here are closer pics of corner
IMG_20210313_180629.jpg
IMG_20210313_180635.jpg

So, do i push worktop 1 or worktop 2 into the corner?

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd have the join away from under the boiler, an unnoticed drip, drip, drip could give you problems. I don't envy you cutting round that chimney or those thin strips you'll be left with - I presume it's really strong stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back