Unsure of Double Oven Fitting Location Advice Please :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Some much needed advice please.

We have an elderly neighbour who is having trouble bending to take things out of her free standing oven and she has asked me if I could fit her a new electric built in oven so she does not need to bend anymore.

Her kitchen is a little out of date and does not have much space, the only place i can fit the oven is right next to her sink in the tall cupboard.

For her it's an ideal position but seeing it was next to the sink i was a little unsure and would appreciate some advice on this please.

Please see images below, the RED square indicating the oven position.

Many thanks!
Ron ;)

kitchen1a.jpg
kitchen2a.jpg
kitchen2a.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think it's too close to the door ,the sink isn't so much of an issue.
No other options ??

I think it's too close to the door ,the sink isn't so much of an issue.
No other options ??
I really wish there was mate, it's the only place it can go, the kitchen is very small and she keeps saying she'd love it there.
Also need to consider the isolation switch position.

Cupboard below the oven maybe. What circuit will it connect to ,and what is the kilowatt rating of the oven ?

Sponsored Links
Cupboard below the oven maybe. What circuit will it connect to ,and what is the kilowatt rating of the oven ?

Yes i guess that would be ok, nice and simple.
The oven is 4.2KW (17.5A @ 240) so will go to 32A with 6mm cable.

Trying to find some other guides online, some do seem to have ovens next to sinks, some don't have a choice.
There is a gap between the cabinet and the wall of about 100mm so a little room.

Is it a new circuit Ron ? Needs RCD protection ( and is notifiable to local building control ).
The sink location next to the cabinet is irrelevant.

Is it a new circuit Ron ? Needs RCD protection ( and is notifiable to local building control ).
The sink location next to the cabinet is irrelevant.

Yes a new circuit, there's a local electrical guy i've used before to check my connections, will be done by the book!
I'm qualified in Electronics to a very high level but this does not give me the right to do my own electrics sadly, i just do the donkey work running everything :rolleyes:.

Looking forward to getting this done for her.

Thanks for your input mate ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back