Unswitched spur or plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again!
if i want the PowerMaster 10 panel to be easily moveable/hidden around the house can i use just a plug to connect to AC POWER? or i have to use an unswiched spur.
If i use a plug should i install on the cable a fuse or it is not necessary.
Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much.Just wondering my home's main fuse box has already fuses of 10A (except 2 of 16A for kithen) so every socket comes protected by this 10A fuse.
I think that i'll just put a 3 amp fuse on the cable and then a plug and from that i suppose that i can connect to every socket in my home.
That way i think i can hide the panel (and deactivate the internal siren) anyware.
Would that cause any problem ?

Thank you again very much.

Fuses protect the cable, not the equipment. Choose the correct fuse for your cable - 10amp for 1mm^2, 5A for 0.75mm^2, 3A for 0.5mm^2.

The panel is probably fitted with a 1A fuse for the mains.

Why do you want to move the panel? You should find one place (in a cupboard or the loft?), do all your radio signal strength tests and fit the panel there. If you move the panel, you risk reducing the signal strength to the furthest detectors. Not good! :cry:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back