Fused spur or unswitched socket outlet?

Hmmmm.

Neighbour, nice guy but doesn't have a clue about practical stuff, had a new Alpha fitted 8 weeks ago by one of the few Corgi gas fitters in the Town.

Now a dilemma - do I tell him it needs changing?

Sponsored Links
Hmmmm.

Neighbour, nice guy but doesn't have a clue about practical stuff, had a new Alpha fitted 8 weeks ago by one of the few Corgi gas fitters in the Town.

Now a dilemma - do I tell him it needs changing?

only the electrical connection. simply spur it off properly from nearest socket, and a single unswitched socket at the end. bob's your uncle.

venom in tail as always.
alpha + loft = highly suspect.
if i did a thorough inspection, i would probably fail it on a dozen points.
the fact that the electricity is clearly bodged, makes my suspicion only stronger.
ask him to check his benchmark sheet. chances are it is either filled out wrong, if at all, or absolutely spot on 100% theoretical values, copied straight from book.

i'm thinking of all those copper pipes, some of them with immersion heaters, pumps or showers on the other end, which may still be live and possibly (though probably not) faulty

But have you not thought that the gas pipe will be earthed with a 10 mm conductor? A saftey concious engineer would check the gas earth bond before working on the system.

Tony

Sponsored Links
i'm thinking of all those copper pipes, some of them with immersion heaters, pumps or showers on the other end, which may still be live and possibly (though probably not) faulty

But have you not thought that the gas pipe will be earthed with a 10 mm conductor? A saftey concious engineer would check the gas earth bond before working on the system.

Tony

10mm on the gas, 10 mm on the water, and everything nicely cross-connected at the boiler and maybe even some supplementary, not to mention a big solid MET with both screws firmly set.
Impedance: nada point zip.
Lovely.
:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back