Unusual wedding

Sponsored Links
Seen the picture on BBC.co.uk - they ain't the prettiest!

best of luck to them, I hope their as happy as I've been in my married life :D
p.s I'm not very pretty either.

Sponsored Links
But if they're both women, which one of them has the penis?!

This bit on the BBC made me laugh:

Anti-gay protesters lined up outside Belfast City Hall

The way it's phrased, "anti-gay"!!! Are they chanting "We don't like gays, ooh no! No gays round here please!" :LOL: anti-gay, a very curious expression!

I'm sure there are plenty of people who are against same-sex lawful union, but are not homophobic.

If this means equal rights for gays and straights, does this mean that wives are now obliged to offer certain other services by law?

More serious point though: is it obligatory to "consumate a marriage"? If so, then does the same apply here? Only I've been told that a lot of gay couples don't actually do what you think they might!

You're still obessed AdamW, clearly still not getting any. :D

Personally I disagree with it, but each to their own I suppose.

Yeh thats a scary picture on the BBC site!

Why is it "unusual"?

And why does Simon345 disagree with it? What's it got to do with you?

notb665 said:
Why is it "unusual"?

The fact that it's the first same-sex couple to have a ceremony in a registry office in this country makes it pretty unusual as I think you would agree.

Anti-gay protesters lined up outside Belfast City Hall

This is what really surprised me. What is it that makes people so anti-gay that they have to go and try to spoil someones day by protesting against it. If these people tried this outside a hetero wedding then surely they would be moved on or arrested or something? I can't understand why people hate gays so much.

petewood said:
notb665 said:
Why is it "unusual"?

The fact that it's the first same-sex couple to have a ceremony in a registry office in this country makes it pretty unusual as I think you would agree.

Not at all. I think it is unusual not to have it there in the first place.

It's all anti-semantics! ;)

Now, I suspect there are plenty of non-homophobic people who are against it. I think the problem is that it is touted as "gay marriage" in the media and in common parlance.

There would still be opposition if it had always been called a "civil partnership" in every publication, TV article and conversation, but far less I reckon. If it was simply a form you fill in and send off with no ceremony, I bet there would be no opposition (none within the bounds of reason or sanity at least!)

I've got no problem with gays having civil partnership ceremonies. It's hardly like gay men are going to start raiding churches and bumming each other on the altar during a christening, and the sky isn't going to fall in! :rolleyes:

This could affect tax slightly though! I'm sure we've all heard of the "Pink Pound": gay men, in the past, have generally been slightly better off than their heterosexual counterparts as they haven't had children to raise and wives to indulge. Perpetual "JINKY" couples, to use an acronym. Therefore they have paid more tax and helped the economy. But the closer we get from the traditional gay couple (ever think you would hear that? ;) ) to the traditional "man, wife, 2.4 children" couple, the smaller the Pink Pound becomes.

Saying all that, if they could improve the quality of the le*bians in future then I would be very grateful.

They won't be doing anything they haven't been doing for years so what's the big deal?

The law on inheritance and pensions should also apply to brothers or sisters that live together. Why should recreational sex make any difference?

joe

More serious point though: is it obligatory to "consumate a marriage"? If so, then does the same apply here? Only I've been told that a lot of gay couples don't actually do what you think they might!
I got friends that are gay but don't have sex(so they tell us ;) ) and as for folk being anti gay well they say its because they are not comfortable with their own sexaulality. ;)

joe-90 said:
The law on inheritance and pensions should also apply to brothers or sisters that live together. Why should recreational sex make any difference?

Good point! But don't they count as next of kin already? The whole issue with gay couples was that they had no legal standing in such issues (only what was detailed in a will, I guess)

Sponsored Links
Back