Unvented competent person schemes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so an unvented cylinder is building control notifiable unless fitted by an installer who is a member of one of the competent person schemes, who can self certify.

What are the schemes?

(This so I can ensure my choice of plumber is legit)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back of the Gas Safe ID card for the engineer will show Unvented as a qualification on it

Back of the Gas Safe ID card for the engineer will show Unvented as a qualification on it
If he is qualified to work on unvented, apparently not all Gas Safe registered people are qualified to work on unvented.

Yea, sorry, should say if hes qualified it will show on the back of the card. But a lot of people that are gas safe dont have it, and some folk have it that arnt gas safe.

Mine doesn't show it, had a seperate card but for the life of me cant find it.
I'm guessing you have to tell gas safe that you have done the unvented?
Due for renewal next year anyway so will speak to training providers on how to get it onto my gas safe card

I did it through bpec last time, going through a different training provider this time so hopefully will get through to gas safe

i have unvented but it's not on my GS card, i phoned and enquired and they said i need to send them a copy of my certificate for them to add it, and of course pay £10 if i want an updated card :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back